Monday, September 26, 2011

Good Night Moon...

Two eyes that shine so bright
Two lips that kiss goodnight

Mikayla, 5 months old
Two arms that hold me tight
That little girl of mine.

No one will ever know
What her coming has meant
She's surely something
Heaven has sent.

As she climbs upon my knee
She means the world to me
As cute as she can be
That little girl of mine.

My mommy used to sing that song to me when I was little. Now I hear, "Mommy, will you sing me the little girl song?" every night when I lay Mikayla down for bed. After the bath has been taken, the teeth have been brushed, the books have been read, and every living creature in our house has been kissed goodnight, it is time to sing the little girl song. I will never forget how warm and fuzzy I felt when that melody was sung to me; I hope she never tires of my serenade.

There has been so much support tonight, I am in shock. So many people reminding me to grab hold of the wimp and stand tall. Thank you. I created the blog for women like you - the strong women, the women who have been there, the women who are going to be my crutch through this long journey. Thank you all for your support. I pray I find a map soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment