Monday, October 24, 2011

Falling for Autumn

I suppose I should start this post with an apology - I left quite the cliff-hanger with my last post and have been MIA for a minute. I am sorry about that and hope this post makes up for that!

Let me start by briefly discussing my non-diagnosis of a thyroid problem. It was a very uninteresting, unneeded, and to be honest, a waste of a $30 co-pay. I sat in his tiny little office for maybe 5 minutes while he rambled about perfectly normal blood results. Then why am I here doctor?! Couldn't you tell me this over the phone?! I guess not.

He encouraged me to do a nuclear thyroid scan so that he can check to see if there is any type of "action" with the bump in my neck. This test involves taking a pill full of radiation which prevents you from eating off off dinner plates that others could eat from, not being allowed to use the same restroom as others - this can't be healthy for someone trying to conceive. It will have to wait.

In the meantime, we took a break from doctors and calendars and planning to enjoy a little cool weather and some falling leaves. My husbands family lives back East and we made the trek to see everyone - Boston, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and Long Island, NY to be exact. The weather was cool and it felt like Fall. It was a perfect escape from city dwelling in busy Las Vegas.


I had to explain to my children that farms were for getting dirty - he didn't really understand that too well.




We enjoyed some time at the Boston Aquarium for cousin Joey's 3rd birthday. We also drove the beautiful coast of the East and enjoyed some time by the water.





We are happy to be home - although we are still working on getting back on West Coast time.

No comments:

Post a Comment