Sunday, September 1, 2013

8 Month Eviction Notice

I have the most amazing family in the world. I have been married to the most wonderful man for seven years. He's so funny and easy-going - it's just easy to be friends with him. We've created quite the life. Our oldest daughter is almost 7. She's just gorgeous, so bubbly and full of life. And she adores being a big sister. Next in line is our middle son who is almost 5. He's so incredibly witty and bright. He's funny in all the right ways. And our youngest son is 14 months. He's quickly taking the role of the family spitfire and loves spending time with his older siblings.

In short - we are very blessed.

In early 2011, we lost a sweet baby in the 16th week of pregnancy. It was the hardest thing our family has had to overcome. And although I can talk about it today without crumbling, we have never forgotten that sweet baby. He or she would have celebrated their second birthday in July.

Danny and I have always known we wanted a big family. From the beginning of our relationship (literally our 3rd date) we discussed how many kids we wanted, having a loud and vibrant home, and always having a tight knit family. It's what we've always wanted and what we've worked hard to achieve. People comment on our home, which could be stretched a little to accommodate our family. They don't understand that I want a small home right now, while my children are building relationships with each other. People always comment on the size of my family, as if we should be shunned for choosing not to have the American average 2 children. And yet - never have I put a mother down when she's chosen not to have a family or to stop at one or two children. The point came in my life when I stopped talking about such things with others. I was so exhausted of hearing the negative comments about the lifestyle my husband and I have chosen.

Until today.

Today I realize, with help from my husband, that there is nothing to hold back. There is nothing to be ashamed of or to explain to anyone. If anyone has a less than positive remark, that is their prerogative and they are welcome to it. But we will not hold back our excitement for the sake of avoiding the critics.

So we issued the eviction notice. It went well... at first. Until we explained that Ronan has until April to make his way out of the crib and into his big boy bed to make room for a little brother or sister. Ronan quickly calmed down with the help of his siblings.































His reaction was so funny! Pictures don't do it justice. We are so incredibly happy to be welcoming another baby into our family. We are expecting our next Little Foot in April of 2014!!

It's been a rough start, as usual. I'm so sick all day long. The exhaustion is out of this world. And I swear my belly looks like I swallowed a 4 month old fetus. It's insane. I am CONVINCED pregnancy gets harder with every baby. Convinced!

As with Ronan, my rainbow baby, I have to take daily Lovenox blood thinner injections. In my belly. UGH. It hurts, it burns, it leaves bruises, and it sucks. But it keeps my blood thin and prevents clots from forming in my placenta or umbilical cord, which clearly is worth it. 

I also received such a sweet gift from a very dear friend of mine, Julia. She brought me the sweetest New Pregnancy gift. Now - we do not know the gender, obviously. It's a little early for that! But, she knows how desperately we want another little girl. 

We couldn't be happier about our new pregnancy and are excited to share it with our friends and family!







No comments:

Post a Comment