Monday, August 26, 2013

Mrs. White's Want List

Buying school supplies every year is one of the most exciting times! I LOVE SCHOOL SUPPLIES! Am I the only parent who loves to take their child shopping? To buy cute, coordinating supplies? To put sweet little labels on things? I love it! And now that I have my home preschool set up for my boys, I am able to purchase supplies for us as well.

Mikayla started 1st grade this year. She goes to a local charter school and we miss her all day long! This year she has a new teacher to the school. The same thing happened last year and we LOVED her Kindergarten teacher. I have a feeling we are going to feel the same way about her teacher this year.

The school supply list this year was huge - as usual. At the bottom of the list, her teacher listed her want life. Now, we live a good life on one income but that doesn't mean we have a ton of extra to buy all the fun supplies on the want list. But we did what we could and we made a fun basket! The entire basket was put together for about $15. Mikayla ended her first week of school with this fun new teacher basket!
 Most of the items in the bucket were purchased at the Dollar Tree. I purchased pretty pink pens, pipe cleaners, foam stickers, and glitter there.

 The fun sticky notes were purchased from Target in the dollar section.
The pom poms were the most expensive item in the bucket. I couldn't find any at Dollar Tree or at Target, so I had to buy them at Hobby Lobby. I could have bought a smaller bag, but I figured they would be used up so quickly, so I bought the big bag. It was $5.99.

Finally, I put it all together in a purple bucket from the Dollar Tree and filled it with red and white polka dot tissue paper I already had. I cut the letters out with my Cricut and used black vinyl I already had.
I was happy with how it turned out and Mrs. White was pleased!

And for the record, I see NOTHING wrong with a little teacher bribery to ensure a good year!







No comments:

Post a Comment